Registering a Trailer?
Registering a trailer in Maine is simple.
Is your trailer:
- Over 3,000 lbs Empty?
- Under 3,000 lbs Empty?
- 1994 or Older?
- Homemade? Trailers
EXAMPLE: 5 year registration is $99.00 – send check for $99.00 made out to Maine Trailer Registrations plus a copy of the registration.
If you have both registration and title in your name, we prefer you send only a copy of the registration.
EXAMPLE: 5 year registration is $99.00 plus title fee is $50.00 – send check for $149.00 ($99.00 plus $50.00) made out to Maine Trailer Registrations plus the two (2) required documents.
Please note: The Bill of Sale must be very neat and include the date, full name and address of the seller, full name and address of the buyer, year, make, serial number, weight, GVW, cost and color of the trailer and must include seller’s signature.
If the trailer has been previously registered, we need only a copy of that registration and a check for the number of years you wish to register the trailer (no sales tax due)
If the trailer has not been previously registered, we need a typed formal statement from you that has the following in it:
- Date built
- Dimensions: length, width and height
- GVW (trailer weight plus load it can carry)
- Type of trailer (utility, landscape, boat, etc.)
- VIN number (Use the word ‘Homemade’ for VIN, if VIN not available)
- See our Homemade Trailer Application
- Sorry but we CANNOT register live-in or camper trailers. Basically anything that has sleeping quarters.
For instance a 5 year tag and registration is $99 (only $60 if the trailer is 2000lbs GVW or less). If a new title is required, it’s an additional $50.
There are more trailers registered in Maine than any other state (except California – and that requires it’s own explanation) and that’s been true for over 30 years. Let us help you register and save!
Why Choose Us
- Thousands of trailers registered each year
- Fast, personal service
- Quick processing and FedEx options
- No order too big or small
- All trailer types (except anything with sleeping quarters)
What Client’s Say
I always wondered why so many trailers were registered in Maine. The price difference is huge.Ron, Pennsylvania
It seemed like it’d be a lot of work. Pretty easy. Thanks for the help!Jeff, Georgia
Thank you for the great service!Jackie, Connecticut